Monday, June 29, 2009

Evan Rachel Wood knows vintage


I have been somewhat following the style of Evan Rachel Wood for a while, but now I am a HUGE fan. Her look for her interview on June 25th on ABC's The View was perfection! From her hair, to the make up, down to her dress and shoes...she nailed it!



Ladies, a word of caution; not everyone should wear a horizontal stripe. It draws the eye from side to side, and can make you appear wider than you really are. However, Rachel pulls it off beautifully in this piece by Lanvin from her Fall 2008 collection.
I don't really care for the hair, and she usually gets it right, but this was a miss. Fortunately, this dress is so chic it almost draws the eye away from the hair...almost.


These photos are from a spread in Wonderland Magazine. I love the dark red lip. It's so classic, and with the right shade can be worn by all skin tones.

By the way, the red lip has found its way back! For tips on the best shades, go to: Summer Makeup Trends — Look #1 Bright Lipstick.


Veni, Vidi, Vintage!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for the link! I'm working on my swimsuit issue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy to see red lipstick is back! I was afraid of it for so long but now it's a regular part of my make-up palette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I'm biased because I've always loved a red lip so I was so excited to see the masses bringing it back in vogue. I'm particularly partial to a rich, smooth, matte finish.

    ReplyDelete